[ELDK] Building Target packages in eldk 4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 7 09:40:04 CET 2009

Dear Matheos,

In message <496417F8.1030407 at sun.com> you wrote:

> How do I find and install some of the target packages from the section
> (List of Target Packages). I went through the installation  process per
> documentation but the whole /usr/local/bin was missing. For example, I

This is not a surprise - /usr/local ist supposed to be stuff locally
added, i. e. the standard distributions will use it (at least Fedora -
which is the base for ELDK - doesn't).

> need perl and libraries and it is not installed (not even in the RPM list).

You should use ELDK release 4.2 which already includes Perl  (but  of
course in the standard location, i. e. in /usr/bin, not /usr/local).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In C we had to code our own bugs, in C++ we can inherit them.