[ELDK] ELDK : ppc-linux-gcc and ppc_4xxFP-gcc

renjith kumar renjithkumar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 08:42:40 CET 2009

Dear friend,

Many thanks for the Apt Advice.
Thats more than a doughnut.
*
*I havent installed ppc_4xxFP in the System, but only ppc_4xxFP/RPMS were
present there
Actually , my build/build.sh was not complete as some packages missing Err
came in between.

I follow the Doc.
Now I try to install to , /opt/eldk, for ppc_4xxFP arch.
But Here the ./install.sh got Hang at ,

Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
   1:kernel-headers-ppc-ppc_###########################################
[100%]
Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
   1:kernel-source-ppc_4xxFP###########################################
[100%]
Configuring kernel...

In , the install directory /opt/eldk, I have got *ppc_4xxFP-gcc* Suit, and

*bin/  eldk_init/  etc/  ppc_4xxFP/  sbin/  usr/  var/  version/*directories.

But the 'hanging' gives the problem now.
It didnt make the linux-source  tree Either.
(Of-Course, I found the target linux src
/opt/eldk/ppc_4xxFP/usr/src/linux-2.6.24/. But it should be the target
filesystem).

Is this hanging prob, due to the OS in my computer ?
I am using Ubuntu 7.04. Anybody has experienced similar issue?
Any Help is Appreciated.

Regards,
Renjith.

--