[ELDK] MPC8313 NAND driver limitation

Sai Amruta amrutasai.p at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:33:47 CET 2009

Hi,

System details:
Linux: 2.6.26-1
Processor: MPC8313

The current freescale NAND controller driver is using "command completion
(CC)" interrupt from FCM block to know the completion read and write
operations. After issuing NAND read/write operation and before FCM CC
interrupt, access to other Local Bus chip selects will failed. I have found
that it was a limitation with freescale FCM block.
To come across this limitation, i have implemented busy wait loop in driver.

I have spent lot of effort to find root cause, so that i would like to
publish my observations here which may help somebody who is using MPC8313.
--
--Amru