[ELDK] Can I install the eldk on my Ubuntu 8.04 host syste

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 22 09:33:00 CET 2009

Dear Gregorio,

first, and most of all, please read

Do NOT top post. Do NOT full qote.

In message <F45D3676423EA240ABF27B0D0CCCA24CF18F1F at MADARRMAIL2.indra.es> you wrote:

> We have discovered that a plain and fresh instalation of Ubuntu-8.04.01
> lead to error when eldk4.2 is intalled. (You can see errors in attached
> file log.txt -Sorry the messages are in spanish).

Obviously the C header files and the "patch" tool was not installed on
your system. These are essential tools needed for any development
work.

> But after installing the package alien everething goes fine.

Probably the installation of the "alien" package installed other
packages as well for dependencies, including the needed ones.

> It seems that this packect convert rpm package to debian package.

No, this is not the explanation.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I can type faster than I can move a  mouse,  so  I  find  menu-driven
drawing packages time consuming and frustrating.      - W. R. Stevens