[ELDK] Kernel exception when trying memset

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 14 10:31:29 CEST 2009

Dear Zaahir Khan,

In message <f970d83a0907140110jbb363fcyabc9ddc8d340baab at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We implemented the codec driver for sequoia board  linux kernel .

Then plese debug your driver.  Most  likely  there  are  issues  like
endianess  problems  and/or dealing with PCI addresses - keep in mind
that physical addresses on Sequoia are longer than 32  bit,  so  they
don't  fit  into  a  "u32" as many drivers (incorrectly) assume - you
must use resource_size_t instead of unsigned long and u32 etc.

> I am using eldk 4.2 (Linux-2.6.24)

And you want to update and use a current Linux kernel. Many bugs have
been fixed since 2.6.24.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.