[ELDK] Image compiled with ELDK for ARM not running on kernelcompiled on cramfs file system

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jul 17 11:01:33 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,

> Hi Diptopal,
>
> Diptopal Basu wrote on :
>> I am working on Versatile ARM 926EJ-S baseboard and compiling a simple
>> application applications with RVDS and ELDK compiler .
>>
>> We have an initramfs file system for our kernel , any application
>> compiled with ELDK runs on the kernel , but if we try to use ARM RVDS
>> format files ( .axf ) it does not recognise the files .
>>
>>   On the other hand reverse happens on the vendor supplied kernel
>> which has cramfs file system .Files compiled with ELDK does not run
>> on this kernel. I am suspecting the filesystem , what could be the
>> problem ? Please comment .
>
> Maybe your RVDS Compiler/Kernel/Filesystem does not use the same ARM
> ABI/EABI configuration as your ELDK Kernel/Filesystem?
>
> If you are using EABI in your ELDK Kernel (CONFIG_AEABI=Y), try to
> set CONFIG_OABI_COMPAT=y, also.

A note of warning though - from what I gather from the ARM Linux mailing
list, this option is known not to work under all circumstances,
i.e. there are known failing programs.  Don't ask me for details though.
They should be easy enough to find in the mailing list archives.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
If you currently have a 32-bit UNIX system, you are advised to
trade it in for a 64-bit one sometime before the year 2106.