[ELDK] building busybox with ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 1 20:36:16 CEST 2009

Dear Haitham Al-Saif,

In message <e1dfadff0906010213p16b88b1ar65347101e309b771 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Hi I want to build a root file system for embedded Linux running on the
> powerpc440 of Virtex-5 FX30T using busybox. I'm using ELDK 4.1 with Colinux
> fedora core 5. can anyone please tell me how I can build busybox with ELDK.

You may want to read the documentation - see for example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.8.2.

> I have successfully  cross compiled a Linux kernel for the powerpc440 and
> used the root file system of ELDK ppc_4xx. It worked fine, now I'm trying to
> make a customized root file system from busybox.  I would appreciate any
> help.. thanks in advance

You may want to read the documentation - see for example
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemDesignAndBuilding
and
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/HowToAddFiles

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I'm what passes for a Unix guru in my office. This is  a  frightening
concept. - Lee Ann Goldstein, in <3k55ba$c43 at butch.lmsc.lockheed.com>