[ELDK] eldk update?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 18 20:36:58 CEST 2009

Dear Kumar,

In message <5B5B5760-96EC-4B26-AB32-DB059EA0137E at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
> Its been some time since the 4.2 release.  I was wondering if there
> where any plans for a refresh (updating to newer fedora base, etc.)

There are such plans, indeed, but no deadlines yet.

We plan to stop doing big once-per-year releases but instead provide
more regular, smaller releases very few months, containing smaller
incremental changes instead of big jumps after long delays.

Hint: Freescale could significantly help to perform this work by
sponsoring at least some parts of the efforts. Doing so is easy -
there is for example a "Donate" button on the web page:
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDK

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Fantasy is like alcohol - too much is bad for you, a little bit makes
the world a better place. Like  an  exercise  bicycle  it  takes  you
nowhere, but it just might tone up the muscles that will. Daydreaming
got  us  where we are today; early in our evolution we learned to let
our minds wander so well that they started coming  back  with  souve-
nirs.   - Terry Pratchett & Stephen Briggs, _The Discworld Companion_