[ELDK] PPC 44x DMA controller

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 16:22:13 CEST 2009

Hi Dave,

> Are there any plans to port the PPC44x EDMA controller syslib over to
> the powerpc branch in ELDK Linux?

I don't quite understand this question - can you be more precise about
what you want?  What is the "powerpc branch in ELDK Linux" meant to be?
We keep our linux-2.6-denx repo[1] pretty close to mainline Linux so
everything in mainline will show up there soon also.

Maybe you simply want to use a newer Linux kernel with ELDK, which is -
to be honest - the norm rather than the exception.  Usually people will
use the ELDK provided kernel only for very early testing before moving
on to current development versions.  Feel free to use our git repo for
this purpose.

> Where would be a good place to start for implementing a port to the
> new Linux branch?

I'm not even sure we need to port anything ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=linux-2.6-denx.git;a=summary

--
Windows Vista? And what a vista! All you see as you look around your
garden is a 60foot high brick wall -- Crosbie Fitch.