[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2 for MIPS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 13 09:22:51 CET 2009

Dear Gianni,

In message <200903112029.10622.nasus.maximos at gmail.com> you wrote:

> > You know - it's a wiki - you could fix all these deficiencies
> > yourself...
> OK, I'll fix what I from now on.  I just don't want to do anything before I am
> sure what I am doing.

Thanks.

> No luck.  I repeated the process and got the same errors.  I had to edit the
> crosstool.spec file again to add the option mentioned above, and then after
> restarting I got the same error:
> in case it helps.  It seems that the error is produced by the 'ld' that was
> built by ELDK itself.
>
> Any ideas?

Not really. You might try and check out ELDK_4_1 and build this so
you have a reference from a working build (or, if this fails too, and
indication of problems with your build environment).

How are you building now - with the RH 7.3 root file system from our
server?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
:       I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't
: cut it.  Any ideas?  (I take it that it may be a two-pass sort of solution).
In the first pass, install perl. :-) Larry Wall <6849 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>