[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 30 15:30:27 CEST 2009

Dear Mailing List account,

wouldn't it be nice if you had a real name in your address?

In message <40150.193.79.61.154.1238418055.squirrel at www.borkhuis.com> you wrote:
> I am trying to build ELDK 4.2 for ARM from scratch, but I am running into
> build problems. I get the following error when a static build is being
> performed (-all-static as option to libtool):
> This problem occurs when running the build on a fresh FC7 host (using
> VMWare), but also when running the build on an Ubuntu 8.10.

This is a problem with your build environment; ELDK is really picky
here (patches to improve this are welcome). Please see the Application
Note "ELDK Release Build Environment" at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/AN2009_02_EldkReleaseBuildEnvironment for
instructions how to set up a working build environment.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ever try. Ever fail. No matter. Try again. Fail again.  Fail  better.
                                                        -- S. Beckett