[ELDK] rpm: Failed dependencies

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 8 14:43:06 CEST 2009

Dear Bastian,

in message <31266277.494851241774253985.JavaMail.servlet at kundenserver> you wrote:

> i am using eldk 4.2 arm and compiled some stuff on the target platform.
> I created a rpm package on the target platform.
> When i try to install this package the following error occurs:
>
> -bash-3.2# rpm -i checkinstall-arm-1.6.1-1.armv5tejl.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         /bin/bash is needed by checkinstall-arm-1.6.1-1.armv5tejl
>         /bin/sh is needed by checkinstall-arm-1.6.1-1.armv5tejl
> -bash-3.2#
> possible solutions :
> -Create dummy rpm-package and install them to solve the dependencies.
> -install Package with ignoring dependencies (--nodeps)

You could also try an re-install all packages using the native rpm
tool running on the target.

> Please tell me whats is the ELDK-way to solve this problem.

So far, ELDK's cross RPM does not maintain a target version of the RPM
database. The easiest way aroud this is to use the "--nodeps" opition.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again."                  - Clint Eastwood