[ELDK] Enable MSI on ppc405ex kilauea board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed May 13 11:46:52 CEST 2009

Hi Staale,

On Wednesday 13 May 2009 09:34:29 Staale.Aakermann at kongsberg.com wrote:
> I am trying to enable MSI(-X) capability on the powerpc405ex. I'am
> currently using linux 2.6.27.17, and correctly the pcie driver fails to
> enable MSI since there are no arch_setup_msi_irq for this platform. Has
> anyone had any success enabling MSI on this platform via DTS ( if so, how
> should the blob look like )?

It's not so easy. The officially available Linux kernel versions don't support
MSI on PPC4xx right now. The 4xx-MSI driver is missing. I have such a driver
in my queue. It still needs some cleanup and porting to the latest kernel
version though. I'll send it to you in the next few days.

BTW: This question is off-topic here on the ELDK mailing list. Please use
linuxppc-dev for such questions in the future.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de