[ELDK] Problem with pthread_cond_wait on 8xx?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Sep 24 16:42:33 CEST 2009

Hi Frank,

>> I can differentiate these two cases by using ldd on the binary by the
>> way.  If libpthread.so shows up, we have a "good" binary.  Maybe you can
>> revalidate that on the PowerPC hardware you did indeed use -lpthread...
>>

> The problem is... ppc_8xx-ldd on the test app using -lpthread shows that
> libpthread.so.0 is being used by the "good" PowerPC binary, but the "good"
> binary does evil things. Which is why I suspect something's wrong in the
> MPC8xx implementation of glibc.
>
> I'm using posix message queues on the same target, and kernel threads
> , without any problems, so I don't suspect anything is wrong in the kernel.
>
> Is there any change you or anyone you know could try to do the same
> exercise on an MPC8xx target?

The chance is very thin.  None of the 8xx boards I have access to are
supported out of the box in a current 2.6.  So before I can do this
test, I fear I would need more time than I can currently spare, sorry.

Nevertheless, I was going to survey the situation. Maybe I'm lucky and
there is a pretty generic configuration to boot one of the boards with
minimal hw support in a short time frame ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
LISP has  jokingly been  described as  "the most  intelligent way to  misuse a
computer".  I think that  description a great  compliment because it transmits