[ELDK] Question for eth0: pause enabled with Canyonlands Board

camel joe camel4joe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:28:10 CEST 2009

I just got this new Canyonlands board and cannot make the network
working with my normal LAN setup.  I have narrowed down the cause (I
hope) to "eth0: pause enabled".

Can someone there explain to me why?

I suppose the ethernet "pause" a good feature.  But some device in my
LAN setup must have messed up this good feature with Canoynlands,
since the exact LAN setup has been working correctly with other boards
like Makalu, Kealauea, and Marvel boards.

Other interesting observatin is that if I use a older switch in the
setup, Canyonlands will not show "pause enabled" and the network is
working correctly.

FYI,  the following is the kernel information:

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at fc000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.30.3
   Created:      2009-07-30  14:31:36 UTC
   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)

Thanks,

--Joe