[ELDK] Not able to mount USB stick on ELDK 4.2 compiled filesystem

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 07:32:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Ratheendran R,
>
> In message <AANLkTikbsRHph7_F5ULYoUAkzQz4tN-=YjtUktQ6gNDT at mail.gmail.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > I recompiled the kernel with all the microsoft supported filesystem.
> >
> > Now I am able to get the device node automatically and able to mount.
>
> I am happy to hear that you spolved youir problem, but I have to admit
> that your stetement makes no sense to me. Changing (or adding) file
> system support does not change the presence of /dev/sda1 device nodes
> in the target root file system.

I have created a nod for /dev/sda1 manually,then I was able to mount USB on
filesystem.

However when I add /dev/sda, and /dev/sda1 both on the filesystem, I found
the usb stick was linked to /dev/sdb, and /dev/sdb1 was created
automatically.

I am not aware of the reasons above observations.

Ratheendran