[ELDK] RE : RE : RE : How can I build agin the toolchain ? (ELDK)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 20 11:49:43 CEST 2010

Dear Marie,

In message <EE97821C81277E459BEA5C6384C6F2410107A0E5F2C5 at srvexch01.SODIELEC.local> you wrote:

> I managed to ping the host from the VBH (the same in the inverse way)
> and log in on the VBH in ssh using the solution described on the link
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/AN2009_02_EldkReleaseBuildEnvironment
> In fact I forgot to make the ifup-build script executable... When I
> did it, everything worked well.

I'm glad it works for you.

> As I did it on an other distribution : Ubuntu 9.4, here are the steps:

Thanks for the detailed description.

> Now next step is rebuilding the crosstool package as it contains
> gcc-4.2.2. I didn't used the ELDK git repositories as SRPMS does not
> contains crosstool and gcc so I prefered using sources I had when I

The "crosstool" is in the tarballs repository.

> got ELDK. But I am not sure about which one I have to use. I have 2
> directories : SRPMS wich contains 17 src.rpm, and target wich
> contains an other directory SRPMS which contains 146 items src.rpm.
> Each of them contains crosstool-0.43-1 . What is the difference
> between each one?

One is the cross development packages (for the host), the other is the
native packages (for the target).

The SRPMS are _not_ sutiable for rebuilding from scratch. You will
really need the files from the repository.

> Concerning chroot, you are right it works, I didn't used it well ! :)

Thanks for the feedback and the confirmation that this is working,
too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The flow chart is a most thoroughly oversold piece of  program  docu-
mentation.              -- Frederick Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"