[ELDK] problem - eldk 4.2 - ppc

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 23 16:59:03 CEST 2010

Hi Rodolfo,

> Today use the eldk 3.0 version in this processor MPC5200B PPC, but I want to
> upgrade the kernel to version 2.6 and eldk 4.2 with ELDK can do this more
> easily.
> The problem happens when I try to compile by running the following commands:
>
> make distclean
> make clean
> make menuconfig
> make
>
> many minutes after the following error appears:
>   LD drivers / net / bonding / built-in.o
>   CC [M] drivers / net / bonding / bond_main.o
>   CC [M] drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.o
>   CC [M] drivers / net / bonding / bond_alb.o
>   CC [M] drivers / net / bonding / bond_sysfs.o
>   LD [M] drivers / net / bonding / bonding.o
>   LD drivers / net / can / built-in.o
>   CC [M] drivers / net / can / vcan.o
> drivers / net / can / vcan.c: In function 'vcan_setup':
> drivers / net / can / vcan.c: 207: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'SET_MODULE_OWNER'
> make [3]: ** [drivers / net / can / vcan.o] Error 1
> make [2]: ** [drivers / net / can] Error 2
> make [1]: ** [drivers / net] Error 2
> make: ** [drivers] Error 2
> rodolfo @ df2684: / $ ls opt/eldk/ppc_82xx/usr/src/linux-2.6.24
>
> can anyone help me?

You should not use the Linux kernel bundled with the ELDK, but use the
latest and greatest, i.e. download a copy of Linux 2.6.35 and start from
there.  Really all hardware, including the socketcan driver, should be
included in this kernel release.

Best wishes
  Detlev

--
Ftpd never switches uid and euid, it uses setfsuid(2) instead. The
main reason is that uid switching has been exploited in several