[ELDK] Selecting and compiling modules

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Dec 3 14:50:25 CET 2010

Hi,

> It seems that I can't use menuconfig, because I don't have ncurses libraries
> installed.

Installing the needed lib should be a matter of seconds.

> Before I try to install them on my own, is there any difference
> with "config"??

Of course there is - otherwise they would not be separate choices,
right?  "make config" forces you to sequentially answer all questions.
Going back one option is not possible....

> because it seems I can run that, althoguh there are many many options
> and I often don't know what to choose. I'm guessing pressing [Enter]
> leaves each variable as it was and lead to the next one. Is that
> right?

It is as you say, but do yourself a favour and install the ncurses
libraries.  Life will be so much easier for you.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Nothing under heaven is softer or more yielding than water; but when it attacks
things hard and resistant there is not one of them that can prevail.  For they