[ELDK] Is there any tip on porting Linux to MPC832x with ELDK ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 5 16:14:25 CET 2010

Dear "Gao Ya'nan",

In message <d15e5cf91001050604s2312c6cftdd56b674afee2956 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I want to port Linux to a MPC8321E board, but MPC8321E does not have a
> Floating-Point Unit.
>
> AFAIK, U-Boot and kernel come with "-msoft-float" option, but how
> should I deal with rootfs, especially libraries coming with ppc_6xx?

You are not supposed to use the ppc_6xx packages on a non-FPU system;
these packages are explicitly made for processors _with_ a FPU. This
is documented in the manual, section "3.4. Supported Target
Architectures" at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/ELDKSupportedTargetArchitectures

For your processor you should use the ppc_8xx packages instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You know that feeling when you're leaning back  on  a  stool  and  it
starts to tip over? Well, that's how I feel all the time.
- Steven Wright