[ELDK] ppc_6xx link segmentation fault

Gabriel Johnson johnsoga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:17:33 CET 2010

>> This is where we should wonder if this is normal - a sinle command
>> line too long to be included in an email message?
>> I confirm that the command line is extreme - IIRC it was way over 50kB
>> big. By splitting the single link command (for example, by collecting
>> the single onbject files in question into an "ar" archive, and then
>> linking gainst this "library") we can work around the problem.

So I edited the Makefile so that it creates an "ar" archive before I
like the Webkit library but it doesn't look like the link command
isn't actually liking the file.  Can someone tell me what I am doing

I replaced:
$(AR) obj/libs.a $(OBJECTS)
$(LINK) $(LFLAGS) -o $(TARGET) obj/libs.a $(LIBS) $(OBJCOMP)

LINK = powerpc-linux-g++
LFLAGS = -Wl,-rpath-link,/opt/trolltech/qte-4.6.0-powerpc/lib
-fno-exceptions -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-O1 -shared
TARGET = libQtWebKit.so.4.6.0
OBJECTS = <A sh*t ton of object files>
LIBS = -L/opt/trolltech/qte-4.6.0-powerpc/lib -lQtGui
-L/opt/trolltech/qte-4.6.0-powerpc/lib -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -ldbus-1
AR = powerpc-linux-ar cqs

More information about the eldk mailing list