[ELDK] what is /bin/application?

Doss, Nathan E nathan.e.doss at lmco.com
Mon Jan 25 07:08:18 CET 2010

After booting, the "init" process reads the /etc/inittab file.   One of the lines in the default root file system inittab is:

    ::respawn:/bin/application

This requests that the "init" process restart "/bin/application" if and when it dies.

I don't have the source to the default root file system version of "/bin/application" in front of me, but from what I remember, it sleeps for a while then exits.

--ND