[ELDK] jffs2 file system for two different flash devices

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 25 12:43:35 CET 2010

Dear Yigal Goldberger,

In message <20167.75324.qm at web38904.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> It turns out that my flash is obsolete , and was replaced by a new one with a larger erase sector size . (the old one was 64KB and the new - 128KB) .
> My question is how can I (If I can) build one jffs2 file system the suite both flash devices ?

You cannot. JFFS2 depends on the physical block size of the underlying
flash device. If the block sizes differ, you must use two different
file system images.

Alternatively, you could try and for a step forward and use UBI /UBIFS
instead of JFFS2. But that might be a bigger change for you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not sure.