[ELDK] eldk arm qemu hello world

Johan list at fun-tech.se
Thu Jul 22 16:46:21 CEST 2010

On 07/22/2010 03:47 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>     gcc -static hello.c -o init
>> >      echo init | cpio -o -H newc | gzip>  test.cpio.gz

>> >  But but but, that is more or less what I tried and failed with.
>>
> More or less, right, but there is a tiny yet extremely important
> difference: here the rogram is named "init", and this is what the
> kernel is trying to execute.  You named it "test", and the kernel
> knows nothing about this.

Hi again

I did test to change the name to init,
but no change.

Please note that before I sent
rdinit=/test
to have the kernel to know about "test".

And I also verified that I did have something in the archive with

/gunzip test.cpio.gz
cpio -t -d -H newc -F test.cpio --no-absolute-filename/

And that seems to be ok.

But there is another question.
What gcc is the correct to use when compiling this "hello world"?
* arm-linux-gcc
* arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
* armVFP-gcc
* armVFP-linux-gcc