[ELDK] Update ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 11 11:27:47 CEST 2010

Dear yel_yahc,

In message <740a64e36b69b0400ae35c9f42514e32 at etud.insa-toulouse.fr> you wrote:

> I try to install the package bridge, and it makes error: kernel-headers >=
> 2.6.16 is needed for bridge-utils-1.2-6.p

There is no bridge-utils patckage included with ELDK, so you must be
trying to use some RPM from another distribution - this will not
work they are NOT compatible.

> ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpm -qa I found the kernel-headers I rpm database but why
> it puts me error when I do, ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba bridge.spec??

Did you follow exactly the hints in the manual, section "3.8.2.
Rebuilding Target Packages" ?

How is $PATH set when you try to do this?

What is the exact error message?

What happens when you add "--nodeps" to the build command line?

> Should I update the package kernel-2.6.24 to kernel-2.6.32?

No.

> Other question I RFSB:
> When I tried to rebuild busybox I changed the Makefile because it doesn't
> take my CROSS_COMPILE, it's normal?

No, this is not normal.  What do you mean by "it doesn't take my
CROSS_COMPILE"?  What exactly did you try?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
ATTENTION: Despite Any Other Listing of Product Contents Found  Here-
on, the Consumer is Advised That, in Actuality, This Product Consists
Of 99.9999999999% Empty Space.