[ELDK] Update ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 11 14:43:42 CEST 2010

Dear yel_yahc,

In message <90a367a0996c24e6e5622f73d1513de1 at etud.insa-toulouse.fr> you wrote:

> > How is $PATH set when you try to do this?
>
> PATH=/home/jp/project/ELDK-4.2/usr/bin:/home/jp/project/ELDK-4.2/bin:/home/jp/project/ELDK-4.2/usr/ppc-linux/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

Good.

> > What happens when you add "--nodeps" to the build command line?
> >
> I don't try this command line

Well, try it, then!

> > No, this is not normal.  What do you mean by "it doesn't take my
> > CROSS_COMPILE"?  What exactly did you try?
> >
> When I do the command line :
> ${CROSS_COMPILE}rpmbuild -ba busybox.spec
> The compilation is did with gcc and not with ppc_6xx-gcc

But this is actually correct!

Please re-read the documentation, which explains this little trick.

With you PATH setting from above, "gcc" will be resolved as
/home/jp/project/ELDK-4.2/usr/ppc-linux/bin/gcc, which is a symlink to
../../bin/powerpc-linux-gcc so the appropriate cross compier is run.

> So sorry I told to you I did changes in Makefile is wrong I did changes in
> busybox.spec

Don't do that. It's not needed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain.
                              -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough For Love"