[ELDK] R: R: ARP Messages

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Nov 18 11:53:05 CET 2010

On 11/18/2010 11:29 AM, Luigi Rizzi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On my /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf I found arp_filter = 0.
> I changed this parameter directly in devinet.c and than recompiled the
> kernel.

???  This is not what I supposed. You do not need to change your kernel.
You can easy set dynamically the behavior. You can change the parameter
in your startup script simply adding :

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_filter

Changing the driver itself is really confusing, I would not do that...

> Now arp_filter = 1 and there's only one answer to the ARP request!
> Thanks for the precious support...

You're welcome,

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de