[ELDK] Pruning Filesystem

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Oct 7 11:30:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> Busybox populates /etc (apart from busybox.links or somesuch) these
>> days?  Really?  I certainly have to look into busybox again.
>
> Not ment to say /etc directory. it it for etc...:). Pls note there is no comma
> (,) between usr and etc.

Ok, with an unpopulated /etc directory, I have my doubts that the
resulting file system works to boot a Linux system.

> Sometimes the CROSS_COPILE toolchain that comes with EVM does not have
> required binaries required to compile rfsb, so the only option is to
> start from the busybox.

Oh yes, we are on the ELDK mailinglist and the RFSB is explicitely
coupled to it.  Please read the document explaining why we chose this
design[1].

> Say for example I set CROSS_COMPILE=arm_v5t_le- and rfsb is looking for
> arm_v5t_le-rpm, which is not available, how to proceed form here?

You cannot.  The design of selecting packages with RFSB is coupled to
the RPM distribution of the ELDK.

Best wishes
  Detlev Zundel

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=rfsb.git;a=blob;f=doc/README
--
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out.