[ELDK] R: Userland memory access

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Oct 13 18:00:13 CEST 2010

Hi Luigi,

> I implemented the entry point in my driver and  from user-land with the
> pointer returned from mmap() I can access my SRAM. Unfortunately, every time
> I try to write I have an "EMT trap". Actually, sometimes I have  this error
> also reading...
>
> Have you got any idea about this misbehave?

It's about time you provide us with more informatino on the problem in
order for us to help you.  I.e. what kernel version do you work with,
how does your driver implement the mmap call, how do you "try to write"
from userspace, what is the actual error, i.e. provide logs from the
kernel, etc.

As long as we don't have this info, we can only speculate.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Q: What is a compact city?