No subject

Mon Dec 5 13:53:56 CET 2011

================
The $CROSS_COMPILE environment variable must be set as appropriate for
the target CPU family.
The <ELDK_root>/usr/ppc-linux/bin directory must be in PATH before the
/usr/bin directory. This is to make sure that the command gcc results
in the fact that the ELDK cross compiler is invoked, rather than the
host gcc.
================

That is exactly what I did:
$ cd /opt/eldk
$ . eldk_init ppc_6xx
$ export PATH=/opt/eldk/usr/ppc-linux/bin:$PATH

Saddly, a lot of packages still have no notion of cross-compilation
and do need cross compiler to be invoked as gcc for cross-building.

> Bye the way: ELDK 4.2 is really obsolete; we are at ELDK 5.2 now (and
> actually ELDK v5.2.1 is on the verge of being released).

Yep, we are moving toward it, but still have to support the old system...

Dmitry S. Vasilchenko

P.S. The previous message was damaged for some reason, so I send it again.