[ELDK] eldk-3.1.1 on x86_64 host

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 11 15:11:17 CET 2011

Dear caio,

In message <AANLkTiksLmUi6ZS=qbmb+0s0H10z4FiKMREah_kySDA2 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I can not install eldk-3.1.1 on a 64bit linux (slackware13.1 using multilib).

I think you are the first trying to install on a Slackware system (at
least you are the first one to report this).

> mkdir -p /opt/eldk-3.1.1//bin
> [ Process PID=4856 runs in 64 bit mode. ]
> [ Process PID=4855 runs in 32 bit mode. ]
> mkdir -p /opt/eldk-3.1.1//usr/lib/rpm
> [ Process PID=4857 runs in 64 bit mode. ]
> [ Process PID=4855 runs in 32 bit mode. ]

These mode switches smell a bit fishy to me.

> I've installed many 32bit libs, but seem that anything else is missed.
> I tried to install each package that ia32libs (from debian) includes,
> but still the installation fails.

I'm afraid we cannot help you. We never used Slackware (ok, I have to
admit that I started with Slackware in 1993, but this doesn't help
here ;-)

Does Slackware provide a "linux32" tool? If yes, please try running

	linux32 /mnt/cdrom/install -v -d /opt/eldk-3.1.1 ppc_8xx

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if we could  just  look  at  the  source
code.                                                   -- Dave Olson