[ELDK] Problem building u-boot following eldk installation

Mike Hibbett mike.hibbett at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:18:02 CEST 2011

I've solved the issue, found another issue, and worked around that.

The problem was that ( I believe ) I needed to run the export commands
present in file environment-setup-powerpc-linux, and set CROSS_COMPILE
to powerpc-linux-.

The build of the ep82xxm variant still failed due to an issue with the
use of the -Os flag, which I changed to -O2.
The build then still failed due to some problem with crc32 initialisers
not being static.

Having seen several messages on the mailing list about the ep82xxm
variant, I moved to the sbc8260 variant, which built without issues.

I'll base my variant on sbc8260.

Many thanks for producing u-boot and eldk, I'm looking forward to the
adventure of learning about embedded development under linux.

Mike.