[ELDK] ELDK 5.0 released

Gao Ya'nan abutter.gao at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:24:36 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear "Gao Ya'nan",
>
> In message <BANLkTinFV8gsUt7Xw-me7dUQzbO2qCErNw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> Is there any document with more details suggested ? For example, how
>> to take qemu in development.
>
> Oops.  Sorry. I had the head full with Qt stuff so I even read Qt
> where you wrote qemu.

I met a error when installing ELDK-5.0 on CentOS 5.4 because mktemp
doesn't support --tmpdir option.

So I changed
	tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d --tmpdir=${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)
	tmp_dir=$(mktemp -d -p ${dest_path} eldk_install.XXXXX)

and It worked.

And it's a pity "-Os" bug in powerpc cross tool is still.

> Sorry for the confusion. [Well, I guess others will enjoy the QT
> example, then.]
>
> Regarding qemu, it makes sense to read the related Yocto
> documentation, and search the Yocto site for hints.
>
> For example, this might come in handy:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Transcript:_from_git_checkout_to_qemu_desktop

Thanks a lot.