[ELDK] powerpc-linux-gcc:command not found

Khalid Mohiuddin khalid.mohiuddin at dektech.com.au
Fri Nov 11 18:52:03 CET 2011

Hi Stefano,
    Thanks as I didn't know PATH would be effected by using sudo. The
problem is partly solved now. Below is the error message.

khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$ make ARCH=powerpc
CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- CROSS32_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
*** 3.0 kernels no longer build correctly with old versions of binutils.
*** Please upgrade your binutils to 2.12.1 or newer
make: *** [checkbin] Error 1
khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$

What could be the problem? below is what I got with ->ld --version
khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$ ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.21.53.20110810

(To recall, my host os is ubuntu 11.xx 64bit) Do I have to get latest
binutils or apply some patch?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Khalid