[ELDK] powerpc-linux-gcc:command not found

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Fri Nov 11 19:51:52 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 04:52:03 +1100
Khalid Mohiuddin <khalid.mohiuddin at dektech.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>     Thanks as I didn't know PATH would be effected by using sudo. The
> problem is partly solved now. Below is the error message.
>
> khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$ make ARCH=powerpc
> CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- CROSS32_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
> *** 3.0 kernels no longer build correctly with old versions of binutils.
> *** Please upgrade your binutils to 2.12.1 or newer
> make: *** [checkbin] Error 1
> khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$
>

> What could be the problem? below is what I got with ->ld --version
> khalid at khalid-VPCS13S9E:~/ctbuild/linux$ ld --version
> GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.21.53.20110810

by running ld --version you check the host's ld version, not
the ld version of the cross tool-chain. please check with
$ powerpc-linux-ld --version

> (To recall, my host os is ubuntu 11.xx 64bit) Do I have to get latest
> binutils or apply some patch?

No, you have to find what is wrong with your ELDK installation
or environment settings, i think. What ELDK version do you use?
What linux kernel version is it exactly and how did you configure
the kernel? Which kernel config file did you use to configure the
kernel?

Best regards,

Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de