[ELDK] how to run an X server by eldk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 13 21:20:40 CET 2011

Dear wolfking,

In message <SNT125-W9C9316A6A82D5B4DBBA49DEC20 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

>      I am working on hpcn 8641d board, I have read the eldk manual and
> can't find anything about how to run an GUI on this board. For example
> I would like to run Gnome or some simpler GUI on this paltform, could
> anyone give me some hints or some resources? Thanks.

Older versions of ELDK (i. e. up to and including v4.2) don;t include
support for X11 or other traditional GUIS (they include a port of
Nano-X or Microwindows as it was called then).

Recent releases (v5.0 or the upcoming v5.1) include support for X11
with GMAE/Sato and other themes, or with QtEmbedded.  However, these
new versions don't include specific support for the e600 core usedin
the MPC8641.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need additional help.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
					             - Dennis Ritchie