[ELDK] Need help compiling u-boot for Lite5200

Luft, Alexej alexej.luft at berner-mattner.com
Thu Oct 20 17:47:21 CEST 2011

Hello!

I am trying to install linux on my Lite5200 EVB using this manual:
http://emsys.denayer.wenk.be/emcam/Linux_on_MPC5200_(UK).pdf

I downloaded ELDK 4.2 ISO and installed the ppc_6xx package which is
correct for my processor (MPC5200) according to
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKSupportedTargetArchitectures .

Then I just followed the manual:

$ export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx-

$ PATH=$PATH:/<ELDK-dir>/usr/bin:/<ELDK-dir>/bin

I downloaded and installed U-Boot 1.3.2 like it's described on this
manual page: http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootSources

and the I tried to compile u-boot:

$ cd u-boot
$ make Lite5200_LOWBOOT_config

$ make all

it said, ppc_8xx-gcc was not found. Sure, because I specified the
CROSS_COMPILE variable as ppc_82xx above. But it doesn't work if I
specify it as ppc_8xx as well. Can I alter a config file so the 'make'
does look for ppc_82xx-gcc instead of ppc_8xx-gcc ?

I really appreciate your help, I'm relatively new to embedded linux and
cross compiling.

Thank you!

Kind regards
Alexej Luft