[ELDK] about NFS log in

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Oct 24 18:09:06 CEST 2011

Hi wolfking,

>   I have a freescale's 8641d hpcn board. I install eldk 4.2 and the newest linux (3.1).
>   I have successfully run the linux using NFS by mounting the RFS to the host.

Congratulations!

>   But when the linux finishes booting, it asks for log in. That is, I have to enter
> the user name and password. But I don't know when and where I have set the user information.

We set this information when preparing the ELDK images.  However you can
easily check this informatino by inspecting the files on your NFS file
server.  See for example:

$ grep '^root' /opt/eldk-4.2/ppc_74xx/etc/passwd
root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
$

> Can someone tell me how to solve this? Thanks!

As you can easily see, the "root" superuser has no password on our ELDK
installations.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
European  efforts to impose  state systems in  conquered  territories are the
source of most conflicts underway right now, after the collapse of the formal