[ELDK] FW: spi driver

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Oct 24 18:14:13 CEST 2011

Hi Bharathi K,

[...]

> I am trying to develop spi driver  for mpc885 processor
>
> I am  able to write to the device  , but in master mode when I am trying to
> read from the device  We are getting segmentation fault,As it is master  we
> are generating the clock by dummy write
>

> If I am  trying to write using memset ,I am not getting any segmentation
> fault.
>
>  I think it is the alignment problem
>
> I am attaching the code we are using
>
> Please give me the suggestion

This is the ELDK mailing list discussinng aspects of using the free ELDK
toolchain that we provide - it is not a linux kernel mailing list.

So my best suggestion is to take this to a mailing list where the
question is actually on topic.  This one comes to mind:

  "PowerPC developers ML" <linuxppc-dev at ozlabs.org>
  Gmane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.ppc64.devel

All the best for your driver development
  Detlev

--
Be careful in casting out your devil 'lest you cast out the best thing
about you.