[ELDK] Compile Modules with ELDK 5.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 11 20:12:18 CEST 2012

Dear Thomas,

In message <CA+TvN0v+07V2rfEsQS=Az9x3cmLp=nhdrnzG5YERZS-vBQN91A at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I would like to know, how to compile the modules with the ELDK 5.2.

As usual :-)

> The documentation of this is not really described in
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/BuildingAndUsingModules

You are rght, this needs improvement.  If you like, you can add tot he
documentation - it's a wiki, and evenybody is encouraged to
contribute.

> $ make modules
> $ make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/opt/eldk/armVFP

Yes - here "/opt/eldk/armVFP" was the top level directory of the
target root file system.

> But for the ELDK 5.2 I have two possibilities to set the INSTALL_MOD_PATH:
>
> /opt/eldk-5.2/armv6/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/
> or
> /opt/eldk-5.2/armv6/sysroots/armv6-vfp-linux-gnueabi/
>
> Which of these paths is correct?

None of these...

The target root file system gets installed into the
/opt/eldk-${VERSION}/${TARGET}/rootfs-${IMAGE} directories, do if yu
for example decide to install the "qte-sdk" target RFS image for ELDK
v5.2.1, the directory name would be

	/opt/eldk-5.2.1/armv6/rootfs-qte-sdk/

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Technology is dominated by those who manage what they do  not  under-
stand.