[ELDK] ELDK 5.2.1 install script not working out of the box, need to run fromdos

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 12 10:33:33 CEST 2012

Dear Thomas,

In message <B88C075EE1324644BA0452D5EFDD582808B54543 at TQ-MAIL.tq-net.de> you wrote:

> I am new to this list.
> After downloading ELDK 5.2.1 from the ftpserver you have to do a fromdos install.sh:
>
>     tq at ubuntu:~$ wget ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/5.2.1/install.sh
>     tq at ubuntu:~$ chmod u+x install.sh
>     tq at ubuntu:~$ ./install.sh
>     bash: ./install.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
>
> I consider this is a bug. Looks the script was saved with windows line endings.

I bet you did not verify the downloaded file against the
install.sha256 checksum file?   The file on the server is clean.

If your version was corrupted, then it must have been corrupted
during your download or when storing it in your local file system.

I cannot confirm such a problem on our end,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.  - Niels Bohr