[ELDK] eldk-5.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 17 09:29:23 CEST 2012

Dear Noam,

In message <264C179F799EF24AB26D5319053335E80CC0DCEEE1 at ezexch.ezchip.com> you wrote:

> I am using eldk-5.2.

OK,, this explains the problems you observed.

> According to your recommendation if I wish to have software production setup I should use new features of eldk-5.
> You gave me enbw_cmc Machine as example for non-generic configuration that does this task ( and even Linux kernel Images and root file system).
>
> So this way sounds great for me since it provides all parts I need to boot my machine.

OK.  Please keep in mind that such special configrations often have to
meet special requirements, so you have to evaluate the code and check
what applies to your situation, and what not.

As mentioned before, enbw_cmc has not been adapted yet for ELDK v5.2 or
later.  If you want to use this as example for your own code, you need
to fix a few minor issues.  Please start by deleting the entires

	SYSVINIT_ENABLED_GETTYS = 0
	USE_VT = 0

from meta-eldk/conf/machine/enbw_cmc.conf (resp. your copy of this
file).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Monday is an awful way to spend one seventh of your life.