[ELDK] Valgrind on Eldk-4.2: Getting hold of glibc-debug

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 16 13:46:11 CET 2012

Dear Daniel Janzon,

In message <50A61CAA.2010407 at edgeware.tv> you wrote:

> Did anyone ever succeed to run Valgrind on Eldk 4.2? It seems
> to boil down to getting the debug version of glibc. Searching
> the web and the mailing list archives, some people tried, did
> anyone of you succeed?

Why exactly would you want to use the nearly 5 year old ELDK 4.2, when
recent versions such as 5.2.1 have this working out of the box?

> Blog post that I can't follow since I can't find the glibc source
> package:

There is no separate glibc package.  As explained before, what you are
asking for cannot be easily done in ELDK 4.x; for a detailed
explanation please see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.eldk/1877

I really recommend to update and use ELDK 5.x instead (either the
existing v5.2.1, or you wait a bit and jump onto the upcoming v5.3).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
					             - Dennis Ritchie