[ELDK] Looking for libc.a in ELDK-5

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 16 21:28:34 CET 2012

Dear Kjeld,

In message <20121116153905.167460 at gmx.com> you wrote:

>  I want the static library because then I won't have to change much in our current system.

I can perfectly understand this argument, but...

> /init won't run if my busybox is dynamically linked.

... but this means you have some serious problem hidden somewhere.
Trying to ignore it here may easily make it just hitting you all the
harder in some other place or some other time, where you need it even
less.  Papering over known problems has never been much of a
successful strategy.  I strongly recommend not to invest tim and
efforts in trying to get some officially unsupported mode of operation
(static linking against glibc) working, but rather invest this time
(and most probably just a fraction of it) in fixing the original
problem.

And btw: please don't top post / full quote, and keep the ML on Cc:.
Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: 1.  What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the  distant
future, I'll be dead, and posterity can do whatever they like... :-)
                                                              - lwall