[ELDK] bitbake: how to resolve dependency to ARM kernel-devicetree when building rootfs

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:55:46 CET 2013

I am trying to build a custom ARM image that should include all the
modules from the kernel build but it fails and I can not understand
why. The bitbake error I get is

| Collected errors:
|  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following
dependencies for kernel-modules:
|  *    kernel-devicetree *
|  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kernel-modules.

My rootfs.bb looks like this

require recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb

# The list of packages used to build images.
IMAGE_INSTALL += "kernel-modules"

# Formats of root filesystem images that you want to have created.
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "jffs2"

The device tree blob is built and located in the kernel deploy image folder.
I can see that I have the following files under the kernel work path

./packages-split/kernel-devicetree
./pkgdata/runtime/kernel-devicetree
./pkgdata/runtime-reverse/kernel-devicetree

What have I missed?

Hans