[ELDK] Cross-compiling Linux kernel - unrecognized Opcode

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Feb 21 13:57:27 CET 2013

Hi Qasim,

> Yes I realize that mistake. I was updating binutils at the host instead of
> in the toolchain.
> Just a couple of things then:
>
> I intend to compile Linux for MPC 8544, so will the ELDK 5.3 for target
> e500v2 work for this?

Yes it will.  I just updated eldk-switch[1] (see also [2]) to work
correctly for this cpu also:

[dzu at pollux eldk-switch-0.1 (master)]$ eldk-switch -r 5.3 mpc8548
Setup for powerpc-e500v2 (using ELDK 5.3)
[dzu at pollux eldk-switch-0.1 (master)]$

> And also, is there any dependency on the host kernel version?

Not at all.

Best wishes
  Detlev

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=eldk-switch.git;a=summary
[2] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/WebHome#Section_1.8.3.

--
He thinks he's really smooth, but he's only C^1.