[ELDK] eldk-5.3

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Jun 11 14:44:13 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

sorry for late answer.

On 27/05/2013 14:04, Martin Dorwig wrote:
> hi,
> i just installed eldk-5.3 for powerpc and started working with it.
> I am using a mpx8349 board with linux-3.5.0 booted via tftp and using
> /opt/eldk-5.3/powerpc/rootfs-lsb-sdk via nfs.
> this is working so far.
>
> Then i tried to mount another directory from my development-machine with the
> command
> mount -t nfs 192.168.69.57:/home/dorwig /mnt/net
> this does not work like it did before with eldk-4.0
> after stracing it shows up that the mount systemcall returns EINVAL.
>
> what can i do ?

The reason is that the rootfs-lsb-sdk does not contain the package
nfs-utils. The receipe nfs-util generates the package nfs-utils-client,
that contains mount.nfs. You can see from strace that mount tries to
exec mount.nfs, that is not installed.

Since ELDK is derived from Yocto, there is no reposity with binary
packages, nbut you can easy compile ELDK yourself. Check at:

 http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/ELDK-5/EldkBuilding

> Then i went on and tried to compile an application which is using pam.
> the pam_appl.h used to be in usr/include/security .
> now there is no such directory in
> /opt/eldk-5.3/powerpc/sysroots/powerpc-linux/usr/include
>
> i found the file in /opt/eldk-5.3/powerpc/rootfs-lsb-sdk/usr/include/security,
> but this is not the place where the crosscompiler expects it.
>
> after copying these files to /opt/eldk-5.3/powerpc/sysroots/powerpc-
> linux/usr/include/security the compilation succeded until linking
>
> the linker was missing libpam and libcrypto
> there is /opt/eldk-5.3/powerpc/sysroots/powerpc-linux/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> i had to make a symbolic link libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.1.0.0
>
> is this normal ?
>
> i had to copy libpam* from the rootfs-lsb-sdk/lib to sysroots/powerpc-
> linux/lib directory to successfully build my application.
>
> again, is this mormal ?

Even in this case, the libpam libraries are not part of the generated
root filesystem. You have to build these libraries yourself.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de