[ELDK] issue in installation of eldk5.3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 26 07:52:03 CEST 2013

Dear Ratheendran R,

In message <CALM_QrVwy+8NKtCXATK3w06eyG8DCs0Lr=0ur9GQ8xMOhtEkWw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> When I execute the patch below patch given on your site I get long list of
> error messages log, this is attached here for your reference.
>
> patch -p0 -b -z.ORIG <~/git/eldk/meta-eldk/tools/eldk-conf.patch

Your problem descriptionis very misleading.  THe error messages posted
below have nothing to do with this patch, and they do NOT happen when
you apply the patch, but at a much later stage of the building, i. e.
when you finally run the bitbake tool.

> Tue Jun 25 17:21:11 IST 2013
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/bitbake", line 234, in <module>
>     ret = main()
>   File "/usr/bin/bitbake", line 197, in main

It appears you have forgotten to set your PATH (i. e. either you did
not source the oe-init-build-env script, or you modified your PATH
after this manually.  In any case, it is wrong to see
"/usr/bin/bitbake" running here.  If your PATH was set correctly, this
would resolve into "~/git/eldk/scripts/bitbake".

Please check the build instructions, make sure to follow them exactly,
and do not omit any steps.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Faith: not *wanting* to know what is true."    - Friedrich Nietzsche