[ELDK] eldk-switch.sh has no effect

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 5 10:32:53 CEST 2013

Dear Maik,

In message <6B37B399D1D6114496906FF69514C614337AAD at aero-mail.aerodata.de> you wrote:

> I implemented the eldk-switch function. in my bash-profile. It is doing som
> ething on wakeup ...

can you please describe what exactly you mean by "something", and what
by "wakeup" ?

>               ... but in the end the call to eldk-switch -q results in the
> following message:
>
> sed: can't read /version-*: No such file or directory
> Environment is not setup to use an ELDK.

The message means that you did not use "eldk-switch" before to select
any specific version of the ELDK, i. e. your PATH does not contain any
ELDK related directory entry.

> I even erased everything of the eldk and started new according to the docum
> entation but in the end I always get this message.

Please provide the complete output of the following commands:

	$ type eldk-switch
	$ sh -x eldk-switch -q

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A modem is a baudy house.