[ELDK] filesystem by nfs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 21 07:50:44 CET 2014

Dear Alberto Lozano Souto,

In message <44502A28C805184C802D4B578878F517B0ECDD at SRV-SBS.vialight.local> you wrote:

> I am trying to mount the file system via NFS, I have configure the
> U-boot as in the example in:
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Bootdoc/EnvironmentVariables, so like this:
>
> bootargs=root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=192.168.9.3:/opt/eldk-5.4/powerpc-e500v2/rootfs-sato-sdk ip=192.168.9.232:192.168.9.3:::TQMP2020:eth0:off console=ttyS0,115200 ramdisk_size=600000
>
> Also have the /etc/exports set.
> The message I get is this:
>
> Filename 'uImage'.
> Load address: 0x1000000

It is very bad style to post just snippets of the output.  Please
alwaus make sure to include the complete outout _and_ the command you
were running.

Above, you are talking about NFS, but what you show here are looks
more like a TFTP download than NFS access.  But you did not allow to
see us what you actually did, so we can only guess.   That's a bad
starting point for us...

Note that TFTP and NFS are totally different things.

> Retry count exceeded; starting again

OK, so your network transfers are failing at a low level.
Unfortunately you did not include enough output to see which
interface was used here, so I can only guess that it might have
been eTSEC1 ?

Do you have a (working, i. e. tested!) network cable attached to
eTSEC1? Does it report a link? [Again, this is vital information you
failed to provide!!]

Do you have a MAC address set for this interface?  Is it a valid MAC
address?

> Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete...... TIMEOUT !
> eTSEC2: No link.
> Waiting for PHY auto negotiation to complete...... TIMEOUT !
> eTSEC3: No link.
> Speed: 1000, full duplex
> Using eTSEC1 device
>
> Besides this, I don't want it to get the kernel from the nfs but only
> the filesystem. Do you know what can be wrong?

You throw just snippets of some random output at us, that are from
commands that are totally unrelated from what you say you want to do
(you show output from a kernel TFTP download, but you talk about
mounting the root file system over NFS - which is a Linux task and as
such totally unrelkated to U-Boot).

Sorry, but due to total lack on vital information we cannot help you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
While most peoples' opinions change, the conviction of their correct-
ness never does.